Another year, another set of resolutions to banish bad habits and improve our lives as we move forward. The beginning of the New Year is the perfect time to adopt positive behaviors. Whether you’re vowing to eat healthier, spend more time with your children or stick to your daily chores, making small changes to your daily life will no doubt improve your lifestyle. The following pest-prevention steps will help ease you toward a healthier home for your family:
- Wash dishes after meals and run the dishwasher soon after loading. Leaving dirty dishes for prolonged periods of time can attract pests like fruit flies, ants and German roaches.
- Vacuum regularly to eliminate any potential feeding opportunities for pests throughout your home.
- Sweep up crumbs and small particles on counter tops and under large appliances like the refrigerator, dishwasher, washer and dryer.
- Clean up spills promptly. Sticky, dried-up spills are favored by ants.
- Wipe down surfaces regularly, especially if you have seen ants. This will eliminate any pheromone trails so others cannot follow their path.